Sharing countercultural history. Investigating ideas on how to co-create sustainable community outside the box. Establishing said online resources content in one place. Thereby, mirroring the long process of what it takes to raise social justice, political and cultural consciousness collectively. Your mission, should you decide to join us, is to click on the yellow daisy on the left! All the best to you, in a world-wide affiliation!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Daily updates on the movements for our democratic take-back from the email-network front

Below is a cut and paste copy of the email I sent out to everyone in my primary email address book today. I share it here with the rest of the world to find out about one more American's (six years late) citizen-level, collective participation action:

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive the anonymity with which the email is begun as I send this invitation to respond, out to everyone in my address book.
Respond to what, you might say? Some might... to the clean-up work ahead of a country that is clearly divided over the realities of the past six years.
Many of you I know share in the similarity of feelings as I about these issues, and in that vain I forward the following information on which to take empowered action.

What I know from here, is that religious fervor will not die back this time, however, I also know that over the past thirty years of the cultural revolution in America, those differences were never intended to be extinguished. So, the interpretation for sharing a religiously diversified and more actively tolerant landscape appears to me, to hold corridors of infantilized skill-deficits on coping with fundanmental change. It is as though one must support the growth of a group of people's perspectives who only seem to know how to vocalize a belief that only one view, can hold an authoritative voice concerning the holy path... of course, this voice is intolerance for differences in action. But it is the path to penetrate that view of intolerance that is intriguing to me, as an artist.
I want people to hold on to their views, AND to grow to learn, then know how to live next door to differences peacefully, without an internal sense of threat of any kind. 'Course these are my desires, yet, there must be a place_ an environment conducive to the cultivation for this sort of interchange between highly charged differences... a manner in which the most fundamental, or lack of education would feel inclined to assume themselves included in this great dialogue on building, and bridging differences more peacefully more often. (The "CCC" blog below has some resources to address this concern, if you share it.)

So, here's the stuff: (following, check out my Corvallis Cultural Creatives blog for the entry yesterday, titled: "In their own words..." for more opportunities to participate in empowered actions on a petition circulating to help choose those veterans' film clips for a nation-wide ad against further troop escalation in Iraq!)

We must keep the faith!

Kerrie

"The Washington Post editorialized in favor of the war 27 times, and published in 2002 about 1,000 articles and columns on the war. But the Post gave a huge anti-war march a total of 36 words..."

By David Swanson

Bill Moyers has put together an amazing 90-minute video documenting the lies that the Bush administration told to sell the Iraq War to the American public, with a special focus on how the media led the charge.

I've watched an advance copy and read a transcript, and the most important thing I can say about it is: Watch PBS from 9 to 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25. Spending that 90 minutes on this will actually save you time, because you'll never watch television news again – not even on PBS, which comes in for its share of criticism.

. . . a great many pundits, not to mention presidents, look remarkably stupid or dishonest in the four-year-old clips included in "Buying the War" . . .

Moyers shows brief segments of an Oprah show in which she has on only pro-war guests and silences a caller who questions some of the White House claims.

Just in time for the eternal election season, Moyers includes clips of Hillary Clinton and John Kerry backing the war on the basis of Bush and Cheney's lies. But we also see clips of Robert Byrd and Ted Kennedy getting it right.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/21146

(below is the auto-signature in all my emails)

http://ducorps.blogspot.com
http://kerriebwrye.blogspot.com
http://corvallisculturalcreatives.blogspot.com (X= you are HERE!)

I challenge my destiny, my time
I challenge the human eye

I will sneer at ridiculous rules and people
that is the end of it: I will fill my eyes with
pure light, and swim in a sea of unbound feeling

I have challenged tradition and my absurd position,
and I have gone beyond what age and place allow.

_ Al-Taimuriya, from Hilyat al-tiraz (Embroidered Ornaments, 1909)_from my studies of 100 years of Muslim Feminism!








Shirts with this image are currently illegal in Louisiana and Oklahoma!